Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weekend eve

Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a fantastic week so far. I know here in PA, we have had semi-nice weather, so I have been going outside as much as possible. Also, going outside of my comfort zone a little bit too. You know, you  have to spice up life. Anyway, as you know, I didn't make it to the pool on Monday morning, by body told me it needed a rest day. Tuesday, I called out of work because some of my colleagues thought I had pink eye and since 1- I am a nurse and 2- it is highly contagious, I needed to make sure it wasn't that. Thankfully, it is just a stye in my eye, which I have been resting aka not wearing make up to see if it will get better. (Yesterday I woke up with no signs of anything pink). So, Tuesday I hit the treadmill for 3 miles. It was the hardest 3 miles ever, I am not sure why, but I made sure to push my way through it. I had to stop and take a breather, which is weird for me,  but then I continued the run. I was so glad I didn't give up, something in my past I know I would have done.
Yesterday, was my scheduled day off so after I took the babes to daycare, I hit the pool. I felt great! I swam 3/4 of a mile and loved every minute of my time in the pool. I can tell that the running is helping my swimming and that the swimming is helping my running. I was also supposed to run 4 miles yesterday, but instead I went to a fitness class with my BFF at the Y. Let me just tell you, just because it is at the Y, it was no joke. As a matter of fact, I woke up today and am sore, something I am not used to. My legs aren't sore, but my arms and shoulders are, from all of the arm work we did. Makes me wish I had off more Wednesdays so I could go to this class again. As much as I hated looking at myself in the mirror the entire time, I am glad I pushed myself out of the comfort zone even if it is just twice a month. I will hopefully be making that a twice a month happening as my schedule allows.
Today, I will be doing 4 miles, most likely on the elliptical. After working 10 hours, I just want to get it done, and for some reason I can push myself really hard on there. Tomorrow will be 3 miles and then on Saturday will be my first bike ride in I don't know how long. I will post more about that Saturday after the ride. Some words of wisdom for this week...
from here 


Uh, yeah!
from here



Have a great day my pirate matey's! Have a fantastic rest of the week! Until we chat again, SweatPink!post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment