Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hump It Up

Since it is Wednesday, I thought it was awesome that the CrossFit workout was entitled Hump It Up, Wednesdays are Hump Day after all, right? But man, I had no idea what I had in store for me.

Warm up:
10 Dips
10 Sit ups
10 Strict Pull-ups
Strength:
Back Squat
5x3 @ 90% of max
For this part, since I have no idea what my max was, I worked to find it out. I started out with 45# (I knew I could handle that after Saturdays workout). I did 6 reps at every weight from 45# up to my max of 95# for my first time EVER back squatting for strength. I was very proud of myself. I look to see how I will grow over the coming months.
Conditioning:
3 Rds for Time

500 m Row
40 DUs (double unders) [modified I did 80 Singles]
30 KBs  (kettle bells) [I did 10#]
20 Chest to Bar PUs [I did banded]

*3 min rest between each Rd
**Total time at the end minus 6 min for your score

My total time was 19:30. I guess that is good, but I think that doing the banded pull-ups helped a huge bit. I have no upper arm strength. I am embarrassed with that fact, and hopefully I will be able to get stronger.

I also bought a jump rope. Yes, you read that right, a jump rope. I didn't realize how much fun it is, and I really hope that I am able to use it often and be able to eventually get double unders. I can't wait to see how much stronger I get. There are 75 days until my cousin's beach wedding, and while I know I am not in the wedding, I want to know that I did everything I could to get in the best shape possible. That, and I have 3 half marathons coming up in the fall. I hear that all of this CrossFit will help. I am very anxious to see how it helps. And, I have 2 days to finish reading It Starts With Food. I am hoping to do the Whole 30 come June 1.

No CrossFit until Sat, going to try to get a little run in tomorrow, although not sure how sore I will be. But, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?!?!

post signature
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment