Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What am I doing now?

I don't have any half marathons now until Sept, and that is when the craziness starts again with one every month. So, now that I don't have any long races planned for the summer, what is a girl to do. I am taking the rest of May and June as times to start incorporating other forms of training. There is no pressure to run so many times a week, and that might just be what I need. So, Monday was my off day, and I went back to CrossFit. In April, I had done a fundamentals class at South Mountain CrossFit, and then with training and my stupid work schedule, I didn't really get to go to any classes. So, now I have CrossFit booked bright and early Monday mornings and on my day offs (and or Saturdays depending on when my day off falls). So, on Monday I jumped head first into the box.
Monday's WOD
"Manic Monday"
Warm up: leisurely 400m run
Stretches to open up hips

Strength: Deadlift (DL)
5 EMOM (Every minute on the minute)
3 DL
5 minutes to work up to maximum weight DL *my max was 75#*

Conditioning:
4 Rounds for time
7 Box Jumps (BJ) *18 inch box*
9 Deadlifts (DL) *35#*
12 burpees over bar
Total time: 9 minutes 15 seconds

 My legs were stiff from running the half marathon on Saturday, but I knew it wasn't a good enough excuse to do nothing on Monday and  I was determined to get it done. I was drenched in sweat, and I am so glad that I went.  I am looking forward to Saturdays class, and the randomness that will now be the cross training as I prepare for a fall full of half marathons.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were doing crossfit! That is probably the best exercise you could do to work towards that PR! If you only go to the box 1-day each week, use the movements that you learn while in class and create your own at-home plyometric/endurance/strength workouts! You will see that PR in no time :-)

    ReplyDelete