Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where have i gone?

Hi! Sorry I have been MIA, but my personal life is kinda hectic right now. To the point that I feel like every day is groundhog day. But you didn't come here to read about that. So, on with the show.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I sure know I did! It was an emotional day for me, because as you know, last year, the Pumpkin Pie 5K in Nazareth was the first 5K I EVER did. I ran it again this year as race-aversy present and tried to look back on how far I came. Let me just tell you that this course was NO joke and the fact that for my first race I ran those big hills lets me know something, I LOVE challenges. I did manage a 30 second PR and although I was frustrated at first, I realized with the help of my sister and running friends that had I actually rested my legs (I ran steps the day before and did 30 Day Shred the day of) I probably would have done better. But, hind sight is always 20/20 so at least I PR'd. Speaking of 30 Day Shred, I managed to only miss Monday this week so far bc of my sick child, but tomorrow I am stepping up my game and moving on to Level 3. AGH! Goodness hopes it doesn't kill me, right?!? Right.
Speaking of fitness, I am stepping my fitness up to the next level. I am now a beachbody coach and will be starting Insanity here in the next week or 2. Goodness knows I want to look my best for myself and for my daughter, but I also want to be proud to wear a bathing suit again, especially with a beach wedding this summer. I am also taking Shakeology, another beachbody product, to also try to restart my healthy eating habits. Since I have lost 57 pounds, I am not stepping everything up. I am throwing all cards in the middle and saying go for it!! Who knows where this next stage will take me, but I know it can only take me closer to my goal. Speaking of goals, I am still looking into becoming a personal trainer, I am just kinda waiting for life to slow down a moment so I can catch my breath.
I am also going to be refocusing some of my energy back on my motivation board. I started it last running season, and now that a new one is upon me, I want to update it and add things to help me this year. I am also trying to add some of the same races, but different races this year as well. For instance, I am running the same race that was my first half marathon last year again, but I am also throwing in a warrior dash and a chocolate race (hopefully) this year as well. Variety is the spice of life right?!?
Well, I really should get to bed. 430 will be here shortly and I want to make sure I have enough energy to put into tomorrow's 30 Day Shred level 3 workout! Goodness I am scared and nervous all at the same time. I hope you all have a great night!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment