Friday, November 16, 2012

The Fighter

I don't know how I found this song, but I did. The lyrics seem to be where I am right now, wanting to give them hell.  Who is them? I don't know. I think the them is more my doubt, because I am sure that I am not the talk of anyone out there. But, these lyrics....
Give 'em hell, turn their heads
Gonna live life 'til we're dead
Give me scars, give me pain
Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me

There goes a fighter, there goes a fighter
Here comes a fighter
That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me
This one's a fighter
That's how I feel right now. I need to be a fighter, I need to keep on moving on.  
 
 
Today was an unintended rest day. I didn't sleep well on Wednesday night, and when it was time for my alarm to go off, my daughter climbed into my bed and wanted to snuggle. I am all about spending this type of quality time with her, and I wouldn't trade that in for anything in the world. I made up my mind to just work out then when I came home, but, quality time with my sweet babe is more important. So, today, I made it a rest day.  I enjoyed the moments of spending time with my daughter. I want her to know the sacrifices I have made to get healthier so I can be around for a long time for her.
As you know, I have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. If you have been following me on instagram and/or twitter you can see the occasional post workout photo. Like I stated there, I am not sure if the workouts are getting easier so I am working harder or if I am just not as in shape as I thought, either way, it is kicking my butt. Starting tomorrow, I will be going back to an ab routine that I did a while ago as a challenge with some of my friends. Even if I do them 3 days a week for starters, hopefully it will help my core. My core is insanely out of shape.
 
I am focusing so much on the fitness, but I think I need to start looking again at my nutrition. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to send them my way.

Speaking of nutrition, with Christmas being a little over a month a way, and my birthday less than a month away, here are an example of some of the books that I am hoping to incorporate into my life. I am not asking anyone to buy them for me, but just trying to shop around so that I can eat healthier, cleaner.
 
I hope you all have a happy Friday! I will be running with my BCR friends this weekend, I have another race scheduled for Thanksgiving, it will be sentimental to me because it was this exact race last year that was my first race EVER! And look at me now. I would have never thought I would be where I am today. How far I have come and how much further I am going to go. I thank each and everyone of you for supporting me and helping me every step of the way. Thank you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment