Friday, November 2, 2012

ACK!!!

OMG! I feel like I have blogged in forever, and it wasn't that I didn't want to either. With hurricane Sandy taking our power in almost everywhere, we were ones of the fortunate ones who didn't lose power, but we did lose internet/cable/phone. Until this morning!! Back to a normal life I guess. Anyway, let me back track up to today...
Friday, we left bright and early for Chicago to visit my sister. You can read all about that over at my other blog Shelze's World (not yet, I didn't blog there yet, come one I just got internet back). Anyway, I knew that while I was there I would have some able bodied person more than willing to watch the babes so I could go for a run. I forgot my Garmin in the haste, so I had to use my mapmyrun app on my iPhone.  Saturday I chose was the perfect day. It was my first run since my half marathon, so I didn't plan on running far, just slow and steady to stretch out. I ended up going 4 I think. I love my sister's neighborhood, it was nice and flat and had a beautiful park with a 0.44 track in it that I incorporated into part of my run. Between the sights being all new to me, and the constant airport and trains, there really was no boredom for me. It felt really awesome to run again, and I didn't even have any pain. I really only planned on getting in that one run, but I packed so much fitness clothes just in case.  With hurricane Sandy, we found out on Sunday that our flight was canceled for Monday so since I knew we were spending another day there, I decided to run on Monday. With my mapmyrun app on hand, I set out for a 6 mile run. I don't know how accurate my speed was, and I hope it was really accurate, but since I didn't have my Garmin for me to constantly check, I actually ran all 6 miles with splits less than 10 min/mile. ALL 6 miles of them!!! I was so totally stoked. The run itself was awesome, no pain (I really hope it was just my shoes) and I thought I could run forever!! I absolutely loved how flat it was. I think I have made up my mind about one of the full marathons I want to run next year! (ACK!!)
While we were there, I did plan on continuing my 30 day Shred, but with the lack of sleep (I am totally ok with that) I chose to continue my week of rest post half. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't completely inactive. With 4 kids under 6, there were lots of walks to the playground and lots of walks themselves. It was nice to get to hang out with everyone, and come Monday morning I will be back in the zone for 30 Day Shred.

Yesterday I received in the mail a flyer from Lehigh Valley Road Runners with all of the upcoming races in the next month. I am so excited, there are so many races I haven't raced before, so I am looking forward to running this year. Thank you LVRR for a well timed and mailed flyer!!!

Today, I plan on running steps at Lafayette. Me and my arch nemesis doubt have a date so I can kick it's ass. Tomorrow I will be back to running with BCR to an undetermined distance at this point. In 9 days I have my first race since the half and I am looking forward to it.

Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment