Thursday, September 27, 2012

I don't do well with changes...


Right now, the hardest thing that I am having to deal with is not running. Yes, I love having the 1 day off a week, but it doesn't leave me time to run. I really wish that it was still light out longer. I have  no control over that. My husband works 11p-7a, so I can't really run in the morning. When I get home from work, he lays down to sleep and I put M to bed. Some nights are harder than others. Tonight, for example, it took almost 2 hours to get her to bed. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. On Monday, she starts day care again. While, I don't necessarily want to see her go to daycare, she keeps asking about going to school.  I am hoping that my husband will use the time that she is in daycare and sleep. Before, he watched her while I worked and then my parents watched her in the afternoon so he could rest. Hopefully, now he will be able to sleep for the 8 hours she is in daycare and then be able to watch her once I put her down to bed so I can hit the treadmill. I know, I know, this is my fitness blog. I am getting to that. Starting tomorrow I am going to do what I can at home while the wee one sleeps. Starting tomorrow I am going to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I know it isn't much, but it is something. It is more than what I am doing during the week currently (which is nothing). I have noticed how my mood, my energy, my eating has been affected by the fact that I am not active. I didn't realize how much everything revolved around my physical activity. I mean I did, but at first I thought it was just because I was adjusting to 10 hour shifts. Now, I realize that it is because my weekly mileage went from 16 a week to 10, and now I also don't have my gym time. What a huge shock to my body!

I am really hoping that will all change starting Monday. M will still go to school even on my off days, which will open up some needed me time, and it won't compromise the us time. I need to get up earlier to get my fitness in, so starting tomorrow I am going to try do me. I am going to do the 20 minutes of Jillian Michael and follow it with my 20 minutes of Abs. It's the baby steps, but hopefully they will get me on the right track to feeling better, eating healthier and getting back on the right track to how I felt before I went to 10 hour shifts. Before I let my fitness go, without even trying.

The above all sound like excuses. Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one. But, the buck stops here. I am taking back my fitness. Hopefully!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment