Thursday, January 10, 2013

Something new

I keep saying that 2013 is going to be my best year yet. I hope I am not setting myself up for failure. Scratch that, I am not. While running 3 days a week is almost impossible with the hubs and I working opposite shifts, I think I have developed another plan that will work just as well. Starting next week, I will be getting up early  on Monday mornings and head to the local Y and swim (preferably a mile) but just get moving. Then, on my day off meet up with a friend (Hi, Bonnie) and head to Lehigh Parkway and run. Yesterday we ran 4 miles and maybe should have started a little earlier. That is my fault, but we made it work. Then I have my running with BCR on Saturdays. And, eventually I will get my bike back I can throw that in when Bonnie and I can't meet up. Starting this Sunday, I have my first of 8 weekly yoga sessions. I am so excited. I have to back off of Insanity right now, when my feet get tired, they cause me pain, and since I don't want to cause more injury to my foot while rehabbing, I am going to do whatever the therapist says.
So while ultimately I do want to get back to running 3 days a week, I am going to go at it slowly and optimistically. I believe that all of the things I have planned will help my running, and since 1/2 marathon training starts next month, I want to make sure I am moving on the right path. My training plans calls for cross training, I will already be doing that, and I in the process I am also starting my triathlon training. This going to be a busy summer/fall, and I cannot wait to see what comes of it!! Hang on, it's going to be a fun and exciting year!
Hope you have a great Thursday! After work today I will be doing my assigned at home stretches from therapy. Hope you move and shake your pirate booty!
Have a great day me mateys!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment