Wednesday, April 3, 2013

All is quiet here...

To my 5 followers, sorry that I was MIA. I promise, I have been rocking this pirate booty. Let me see where I can pick up. Easter has come and gone, and if you follow me on Facebook, twitter, or daily mile, then you heard all about my misadventures with my 10 mile long run last weekend. Then Easter Sunday came and went and it was a great holiday.  Monday, was April 1st, and isn't that just crappy...a Monday AFTER a holiday, also April fool's day?!?! I had planned to go swimming on Monday morning, but I didn't sleep well Sunday night into Morning, but there was NO way I was getting up. So, it became a rest day. Yesterday, was a planned 3 mile run, so after working 10 hours, I hit the elliptical hard for 3 miles. I felt spent, but so glad I got that workout done. So, today, is a day off of work for me. I woke up and did my usual routine.  I received from free samples of some gluten free bread, and although I didn't like it the first time I tried it, I wanted to try it again. Again, I was disappointed. I will blog about that later. I then took my daughter to daycare, and hit the trail for my 5 mile run. EVERYTHING about this run felt wrong. My legs still felt heavy from Saturday (is that even possible?!?) and  to top that off, I puked. FIRST TIME I ever puked while running. It was 2.5 miles into my run, I knew I had to finish it.  I think that the puking was related to the new food. Either way, the 5 miles, albeit ugly, are done. I am glad that I was able to finish it. I pushed through it, and at the end of the run, the last mile felt good.  But, that is not all that is in store for me, today I am joining in on the latest trend...I am going to try...CROSSFIT!!  Yep, you read that right, yours truly is taking a Crossfit Fundamentals class. I am going to be trying South mountain CrossFit. I found out that one of my coworkers goes there and she loves it. So, after researching many CrossFit gyms, or boxes as they call them, this one seemed to have the best to offer for the value. So, today and then again on Sunday I will be doing the 2 part fundamentals class. So, while right now running is my first fitness love, I am anxious and eager to see how CrossFit will fit into my life and how this journey will help make me into a better version of me. Oh, and hopefully get me that beach body that I long for. Not a perfect one, I am far from perfect, but one where I will feel comfortable in the bathing suit on the beach.post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment