Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Not how I wanted to start the month

Happy October 1! Where did the month of September go, but more importantly where has 2014 gone?!? I can't believe that we are closing in on the final months of the year. The final chances to hit those goals that we set in January. Do people even still set New Year's resolutions?!? I know last year I set one about running 2 half marathons in 2013 and I ran 6. Guess I can make that my resolution until 2016!  I don't even know what my resolutions were for 2014, nor do I know if I made any of them. What I do know is that I am not sure yet if I should even bother setting them in 2015. What does it mean if you don't accomplish them? Does it make you less of a person? Does it make your self-worth go down? I think that maybe instead of resolving to so something new and different I should resolve to stay the status quo. 
I lie awake at 3:40, knowing I should be resting to head to the gym at 4:30 this am. But, it doesn't look like it is in my cards for today. I have been awake for the last 2 hours coughing so hopefully I can find some rest in the next couple of hours until I have to get ready for work. I try to work through it, and I try to push myself, but sometimes you just have to listen and rest. With my first competition 17 days away, I am paying extra attention to what my body needs and hopefully nurturing it back health so I can lift heavy things.
How often do you listen to your body and take rest breaks? Or do you push yourself and hope you can sweat out what ails you?

No comments:

Post a Comment