Saturday, August 17, 2013

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Needless to say, I haven't blogged in a while. A long while. It doesn't mean that I haven't been doing things or that I haven't wanted to scream things off the mountain tops, it just means I haven't had a lot of time to blog. It's a new month, well wait, August is almost over. Anyway, life is changing for me and all in all I want to try to catch you up, a little. 
For the last 6 weeks, I have been partaking in a very challenging boot camp. I don't think I have ever been this into something outside of running for a LONG time. Yes, I tried CrossFit, but that is too expensive for me and I felt frustrated all.the.time. But with this, it's me against me. I live by my heart rate monitor and strive for more calorie burn than last time. I make it my obsession to have that me time, even if it means I have to get up super early to get it done. At least it is something I can do at home without interfering with home life. I feel like I worked hard this 6 weeks, but with the next 6 weeks starting Monday, I really wanna bring it up another level and really focus in the workouts and eating cleaner. 

Outside of that. As of Sept 1, my work schedule changes and instead of working 10 hours I will be working 8 hours which means more quality time with my daughter and hopefully more blogging time and more running with friends, I miss that! 
I am a little nervous to see how boot camp is affecting my running, I think I have a little over 3 weeks until my first half marathon and then I have 2 more in consecutive months. This will be my hardest challenge yet. If you know me, and I am assuming you do otherwise I don't think you would be reading this, I love a good challenge. I am not looking to break any records with the half marathons, just push my body to see how it does with the constant mileage and if it does it well, then next year I will be running my First Full Marathon. Yes, you read that right. A full. Well, that also depends on if I can get into one in Chicago, if not, I may try a tri next year and save my full for Chicago another year. But, let's not put the cart before the horse.
Hopefully all my readers haven't left me, and I hope that I will gain some of you back. 
Here's to training mean, eating clean as accomplishing goals no matter how big or small!

No comments:

Post a Comment