Saturday, June 29, 2013

Team Vark

As you know, I have a really busy fall coming up with 3 half marathons. What you may not know is that a local running store, Aardvark, starting a running club to train for the Runner's World Half Marathon in Oct. While I am not running that half (the Hershey Half is the same weekend) I thought it would be awesome to train on hills since they are my nemesis. Plus, I get the opportunity to meet other valley runners and also maybe find someone at my pace so that long runs aren't necessarily solo runs.  Today was the first Team Vark training train, and it was a sweaty hot 4 miles. 
But, I did it. And I am proud of myself for sticking  with it even after the 500 yd swim I finished 30 minutes prior. While the training plan called for this to be the long run, I still have to add my runs for my half a month earlier. So, tomorrow will be a solo 6 miler but at least I have company for my long weekday runs. 

So, now that I swam 500 yards and ran 4.2, I think it calls for some relaxation by the pool while eating lots of fruits and veggies and hydrating with water. It's going to be hot, so please stay hydrated. 
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment